“To be the reliable economic development Agency that facilitates economic development and investments in the uMkhanyakude District”
The Mission of UMDA is To co-ordinate, plan and manage the implementation of a locally driven catalytic projects and programmes within Umkhanyakude District that will fast track the development of the local economy.
The Goals of UMDA that flow from the Vision and Mission Statement and based on the mandate of the development agency are as follows:
- To promote sustainable commercialisation of agriculture and establishment of agri-business industries in the district.
- To develop a world class tourism sector.
- To develop settlements that promote urbanisation and industrialisation.
- To promote entrepreneurial development, developing business effectiveness and competitiveness, business retention and renewal, attracting new business and promoting investment in all economic sectors
- To develop world class catalytic infrastructure that promotes economic development.
- To develop institutional capacity of UMDA, at all levels, with the capacity to effectively implement and raise funds for catalytic projects and operational needs.
UMhlosinga Development Agency
``Opportunity through Development``